- Graduated summa cum laude from the University of Missouri in 1979.
- Took a year off from Harvard Law School to serve as a Jesuit missionary in Honduras in 1980.
- Elected mayor of Richmond, Virginia, in 1998, a position he filled until 2001 when he successfully ran for Lieutenant Governor of the state.
- Elected as the Governor of Virginia in 2006.
- Delivered the Democratic Party's response to President George W. Bush's 2006 State of the Union address.
- Became a U.S. Senator for Virginia in 2012.
- Chosen as the running mate for Hillary Clinton's 2016 bid for the Presidency.
- Woody Kaine — Son
- Patrick Kaine — Brother
- Anne Holton — Wife
- Annella Kaine — Daughter
- Mary Kathleen Kaine — Mother
- Nat Kaine — Son
- Albert Kaine Jr. — Father
- Stephen Kaine — Brother
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, United States (BA in Economics, 1979); Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States (JD, 1983)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's Who Jennifer Morrison Could Be Playing in This Is Us Season 4
- 2. Is The Blacklist on Netflix?
- 3. Listen to Every Episode of Big Brother Brothers Here
- 4. Hannah Might Be the Best Bachelorette of All Time
- 5. The First Game of Thrones Prequel Has Started Filming
- 6. The Cast of Angel Is Reuniting… Without Angel
- 7. Is YOU on Netflix?