- Graduated summa cum laude from the University of Missouri in 1979.
- Took a year off from Harvard Law School to serve as a Jesuit missionary in Honduras in 1980.
- Elected mayor of Richmond, Virginia, in 1998, a position he filled until 2001 when he successfully ran for Lieutenant Governor of the state.
- Elected as the Governor of Virginia in 2006.
- Delivered the Democratic Party's response to President George W. Bush's 2006 State of the Union address.
- Became a U.S. Senator for Virginia in 2012.
- Chosen as the running mate for Hillary Clinton's 2016 bid for the Presidency.
- Anne Holton — Wife
- Annella Kaine — Daughter
- Mary Kathleen Kaine — Mother
- Stephen Kaine — Brother
- Woody Kaine — Son
- Nat Kaine — Son
- Albert Kaine Jr. — Father
- Patrick Kaine — Brother
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, United States (BA in Economics, 1979); Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States (JD, 1983)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Originals Star Joseph Morgan Is Headed to Animal Kingdom
- 2. Prison Break's Paul Adelstein Is Joining Chicago P.D.
- 3. The Society Season 2: Everything We Know So Far
- 4. The 100 Best SpongeBob SquarePants Episodes, Ranked
- 5. Love Island Recap: Here's Who the New Gals Banished to the Hideaway
- 6. Suits Boss Promises Fans All the Darvey Romance They've Been Waiting For
- 7. Pearson Review: This Spin-Off Is Definitely Not Suits 2.0