- Diagnosed with Tourette's syndrome in sixth grade.
- Began his professional soccer career with the MetroStars of the MLS, the team that drafted him out of high school.
- Served on the board of directors of the Tourette Syndrome Association of New Jersey.
- Won Goalkeeper of the Year of the MLS in 2001.
- Was the first American to win an FA Cup when he won with the famed Manchester United team in 2004.
- Helped increase credibility in soccer on the part of Americans, as both his athletic feats and his strength in dealing with cruel jibes in Great Britain about Tourette's were equally impressive.
- He told USA Today, regarding Tourette's, that "it may be a mild case, but that doesn't make it mild for me."
- Drafted by the Harlem Globetrotters in 2009.
- Named to the U.S. World Cup team for 2010. After the team was eliminated by Ghana in June of that year, the goalkeeper lamented what he called "an opportunity missed."
- Laura Howard — Wife
- Alivia — Daughter
- Esther Howard — Mother
- Chris Howard — Brother
- Matthew Howard — Father
- Jacob — Son
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Game of Thrones Season 8 Finale Complete Coverage
- 2. The Game of Thrones Finale Featured a Water Bottle Blunder, Even After Starbucks-Gate
- 3. All the Funniest Game of Thrones Season 8 Memes and Tweets
- 4. Ghost Ended Up Happy on Game of Thrones, and That's All That Matters
- 5. Here's Where Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 6 'The Iron Throne' Falls in Our Ranking
- 6. Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked
- 7. Hot Robin Arryn Is Officially the Neville Longbottom of Game of Thrones