- Was a surfer and lifeguard in high school.
- Attended USC on a water-polo scholarship; also played for the U.S. Junior National water-polo team.
- Began modeling in college (once posed with Sharon Stone for the label of a hair-coloring product); was spotted in GQ magazine by a Hollywood casting director, which led to his role (teacher Roger Phillips) on Happy Days in 1980.
- Made his movie speaking debut in Happy Days creator Garry Marshall's 1982 comedy Young Doctors in Love.
- Joined several popular shows toward the end of their runs, including Happy Days, The Love Boat, Dynasty and Married...With Children.
- Appeared with his wife, Gigi Rice, in the 2004 TV-movie NTSB: The Crash of Flight 323.
- Emily McGinley — Mother
- Beau Martin McGinley — Son
- Gigi Rice — Wife
- Bob McGinley — Father
- Shawn Weatherly — Ex-significant Other
- Attended University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
The Best Big Bang Theory Guest Stars, Ranked
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Saved By the Bell Cast Had a Reunion and Fans Are Demanding a Revival
- 2. Relax, Game of Thrones Fans, the Night King Was Just Arrested in Norway
- 3. Gotham Actress Camren Bicondova Replaced Ahead of Series Finale
- 4. One Chicago Is Losing Jon Seda and Two More Actors
- 5. Angry Red Keeps Things Interesting on The Blacklist
- 6. Bellamy and Echo Will Be a 'Great Unit' in The 100 Season 6
- 7. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley