- Launched his acting career with San Francisco's New Shakespeare Company.
- Made his Broadway debut in the musical Hair.
- In 1997, he served as Co-Chairman of the African American Steering Committee for the Directors Guild of America.
- Wrote a relationship-advice column with adult-film star Jenna Jameson for FHM.
- Was a recipient of the NAACP's Renaissance Man Theatre Award.
- Received the Paul Robeson Award from the American Film Institute.
- Lectures on Shakespeare and acting at high schools and colleges across the country.
- Has written a number of plays.
- Ted Lange IV — Son
- Ted Lange Jr. — Father
- Sherryl Thompson — Wife
- Gerri Lange — Mother
- Michael Lange — Brother
- Turner Lange — Son
- Attended Merritt College, Oakland, California, United States; attended San Francisco City College, San Francisco, California, United States; Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, England