- Put herself through college working as a Playboy Bunny at the Playboy Club in New York during the early 1960s. She recited Shakespeare while serving drinks.
- Dated Cary Grant in the 1960s.
- Apprenticed at the Cleveland Playhouse, the Hartford Stage Company and the National Repertory Theatre before making her Broadway debut alongside Dustin Hoffman in Jimmy Shine in 1968.
- Was introduced to her longtime partner, psychologist and author Connell Cowan, by her Falcon Crest costar Dana Sparks.
- Has acted professionally since graduating from college in 1964, but did not make her film debut until 1997's My Best Friend's Wedding.
- Reunited with her Dharma & Greg daughter-in-law Jenna Elfman in a 2007 episode of Brothers & Sisters in which the two guest starred as a mother-daughter duo.
- 1978, Emmy — Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 1999, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television: Nominee
- Brigid Sullivan — Sister
- Brendan Sullivan — Brother
- Connell Cowan — Significant Other
- Cary Grant — Ex-significant Other
- Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York, United States (BA in Drama, 1964)
- 1. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 2. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 3. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 4. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 5. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role
- 6. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang Are Coming to Apple
- 7. The CW Really Wants to Make Chris Wood Happen