- Wanted to be an actress from the age of 4.
- From seventh to 12th grade attended a performing arts school for half of each school day.
- Appeared as Carmen in the national touring company of Fame---The Musical.
- Broadway debut was as Nala in The Lion King.
- Moved to Los Angeles to build up credits in TV and movies in hopes of returning to do live theater in New York.
- Had a recurring role on the sketch-comedy series Chappelle's Show.
- Appeared in the 2007 Diane Keaton movie Because I Said So.
- Coproduced and starred in a 2008 production of Harold Pinter's Betrayal in Los Angeles.
- Enjoys bowling.
- On preferring the stage to TV and film, she told DallasBlack.com: "There's nothing like performing live. You don't feel that energy in film or television. That's one of the reasons my heart will always be rooted in theater."
- Henry Simmons — Husband
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States (BFA in Theater Performance)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Hey Hollywood, There Are Other Black Colleges Besides Howard
- 2. Rel Co-Creator Kevin Barnett Dies While on Vacation in Mexico
- 3. Demi's Sociopathic Edit Is the Highlight of The Bachelor So Far
- 4. Kerry Washington Heads to Netflix for American Son
- 5. Here's When The Expanse Season 3 Heads to Amazon Prime Video
- 6. Chicago Fire's Gentle Human Mouch Blows Up at Otis in a Jarring Sneak Peek
- 7. Where to Stream This Year's Oscar-Nominated Films