- Was awarded the Spirit of Sundance Award for her body of work at the Sundance Film Festival in 1995.
- Narrated the audiobook The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer by Jennifer Lynch written from the point of view of her iconic Twin Peaks character.
- Has taught the graduate workshop Directing Actors for Camera at UCLA.
- Revealed, in 2014, that she had been diagnosed with the rare blood disorder neutropenia.
- Is a devoted member of PETA and has boldly campaigned against fur and the mistreatment of animals, notably with her striking Twin Peaks-inspired "I wouldn't be caught dead in fur" ad.
- 1993, Independent Spirit Awards — Best Female Lead: Nominee
- Jesse Diamond — Ex-husband
- Elijah Diamond — Son
- Attended American Academy of Dramatic Arts, Los Angeles, CA, US; attended University of North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem, NC, US; attended National Theatre Conservatory, Denver, CO, US; attended University of Colorado, Denver, CO, US
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Game of Thrones Photo Recap: Arya Gets It in Despite Having Zero Game
- 2. Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and More Stars Looking Super at the Avengers: Endgame Premiere
- 3. Better Call Saul May End After Season 6
- 4. Here's How To Watch the Avengers: Endgame Premiere Livestream
- 5. The Trailer for Gotham's Series Finale Is Here, With 100 Percent More Batman
- 6. Here's How Antonio, Connor, and Ava Might Leave One Chicago
- 7. Which Game of Thrones Characters Are Most Likely to Die Fighting the White Walkers?