- Roller-skated professionally as a teen and spent time on skating-related Special Olympics events.
- Inherited the 1995 Miss USA crown after the pageant's original winner, Chelsi Smith of Texas, went on to win Miss Universe.
- Named Playboy Playmate of the Month for December 2001.
- Recorded music with a group called DVS (pronounced "devious").
- Documented her 2004 wedding to Travis Barker on their MTV reality show Meet the Barkers. (They divorced in 2008.)
- Has served as a producer of Miss New York and Miss New Hampshire pageants.
- In 2010, on NBC's Minute to Win It, she was the "last beauty standing" and won $100,000 for the Children's Burn Foundation.
- Atiana Cecilia De La Hoya — Daughter
- Gail Moakler — Mother
- John W. Moakler IV — Brother
- Travis Barker — Ex-husband
- John W. Moakler III — Father
- Kirk Moakler — Brother
- Alabama Luella Barker — Daughter
- Oscar De La Hoya — Ex-fiancé
- Landon Asher Barker — Son