With a dyed blond Mohawk and full-body tattoos, this motorcycle master is hard to miss. Born in England, Mitchell was initially interested in skateboards and scooters before he graduated to bikes. He had a career as a veterinary surgeon in London, but he never gave up his burgeoning interest in scooters and bikes, building his first scooter in a waiting room. In the 1980s he moved to Los Angeles to pursue modeling and acting: He landed a few commercials as well as a bit part on Beverly Hills, 90210. Never getting a big break in the acting world, he returned to the biker biz by opening the custom shop Exile Cycles in 1995. After appearing as a guest on various reality series during the early 2000s cycle craze, Mitchell finally landed his own show, Build or Bust, on the Speed Channel in 2005. Though the show ended in 2006, Mitchell continues to work on bikes at Exile Cycles. In 2009, he introduced a complete line of bolt-on parts for stock Harley Davidson softails. On weekends, he travels to different locales in the U.S. making guest appearances at bike events.
- Worked as a veterinary surgeon in London, where he built his first scooter in a waiting room.
- Built award-winning scooters and choppers in England, the first of which he nicknamed Exile 1, Exile 2, Exile 3, etc.
- Parlayed his flamboyant persona and punk-rock appearance into modeling jobs in Los Angeles. After a lucrative Marlboro commercial in 1994, he began to develop the custom bikes that appeared in Easyriders magazine and launched his full-time career as a customizer.
- Founded Exile Cycles in 1995 and, in 10 years, grew the Hollywood motorcycle customization shop into a 20,000-square-foot operation.
- Established himself as a customizer for the stars, building bikes for the likes of George Clooney, Audioslave singer Chris Cornell and John Mellencamp.
- Competed frequently on Discovery Channel's Biker Build-Off and World Biker Build-Off.
- In 2009, he introduced a complete line of bolt-on parts for stock Harley Davidson softails.
- Spends many of his weekends making guest appearances at bike events throughout the U.S.
- Nancy — Ex-wife
- Lucas Russell Mitchell — Son
- University of Bristol, Bristol, England
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Anthony Scaramucci Hopes Celebrity Big Brother Run Is Longer Than White House Job
- 2. The Bachelor Is a Beautiful Monster with a Tank of Rage
- 3. The Passage's Henry Ian Cusick Hints at Dark Dreams to Come for Dr. Lear
- 4. The Other Two Is the Sweetest Take on Showbiz Satires
- 5. Supernatural's Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Tease 300th Episode
- 6. Burned by the Fyre Festival, Restaurant Owner in Netflix Doc Raises $135,000 in a Week
- 7. When Is Super Bowl LIII?