- Has cited 1971's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as one of the first films that inspired her to become an actress.
- Watched Misery, Carrie and Natural Born Killers to prepare for her role as a sadistic, jilted prom date in the 2009 horror film The Loved Ones.
- Played Stella in an acclaimed 2009 Sydney Theatre Company production of A Streetcar Named Desire, which featured Cate Blanchett as Blanche and was directed by Liv Ullmann.
- In 2012, promoted to series regular on Hell on Wheels as Eva, a character based on a real-life 14-year-old settler who was captured by Yavapai tribesmen and eventually sold to Mohaves, from whom she received a face tattoo.
- Enjoys soul music, especially James Brown, Etta James and Charles Bradley.
- National Institute of Dramatic Art, Kensington, New South Wales, Australia (2004)