- Never intended to pursue acting as a career.
- Initially worked in banking, then jumped to National Public Radio as producer.
- Served as artistic director for various cultural projects during the 1980s, finally becoming the Director of Performing Arts for the Institute of Contemporary Arts in London.
- Decided to pursue acting full time in 1991, honing his skills in England before heading to Hollywood in 1993.
- Best known for his roles on the TV shows Prison Break and The Wire.
- Is a big-time fan of world music.
- Columbia University, New York, New York, United States (BA in History and Economics)