- Played on the varsity football team in high school.
- Competed in a Golden Gloves amateur boxing competition at Madison Square Garden at the age of 17, but was soon after diagnosed with elbow tendinitis, ending his boxing career.
- Made his stage debut in his high school's production of Kismet.
- In 1999, played the role of Mitch in the Hartford Stage's production of A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Performed on Broadway as Mike in the Roundabout Theatre Company's production of Pal Joey in 2009.
- 2011, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- John Clohessy — Father
- Catherine Erhardt — Wife
- Byron Clohessy — Son
- Myles Clohessy — Son
- Rockland Community College, Suffern, New York, United States (AA in Acting, 1977); State University of New York, Purchase, New York, United States (BFA in Acting, 1981)