- Has cerebral palsy.
- His Breaking Bad character, who also has cerebral palsy, is based on a college friend of series writer-creator Vince Gilligan.
- Is a youth spokesperson for the National Disability Institute's Real Economic Impact Tour.
- Is a spokesperson for the actors-with-disabilities organization I AM PWD (Inclusion in the Arts and Media of Performers With Disabilities).
- Is a Celebrity Youth Ambassador for United Cerebral Palsy.
- Has worked with Habitat for Humanity.
- Enjoys traveling, fishing and paintball; has taken ballroom-dancing lessons.
- 2011, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- 2013, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2012, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Roy Frank Mitte Jr — Father
- Lacianne Carriere — Sister
- Scott Mitte — Father
- Jodi Lyn O'Keefe — Ex-wife
- Dyna Mitte — Mother
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. What to Stream the Weekend of July 19
- 2. A.P. Bio Saved From Cancellation by NBC's New Streaming Service
- 3. The Walking Dead Season 10: Everything We Know So Far
- 4. Spotted: Gossip Girl Reboot Heads to HBO Max
- 5. Elliot Gets Grilled Mercilessly in This Mr. Robot Final Season Sneak Peek
- 6. The Hunt for Notorious Serial Killer BTK Is On in Mindhunter Season 2 Photos
- 7. The Originals Star Joseph Morgan Is Headed to Animal Kingdom