- Became interested in acting after performing in a school production of The Magic School Bus in second grade.
- Originally planned on following in the footsteps of many of his family members and pursue a career in medicine before deciding that acting was his passion.
- Was co-captain of a hip-hop/Bhangra dance team called Pandemonium at New York University.
- Studied at the Stella Adler Studio of Acting.
- Moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting professionally after graduating from Tisch School of the Arts at NYU.
- Taught a Punjabi-inspired Zumba class in Los Angeles.
- Has long practiced Taekwondo.
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, New York, United States (2010)