- Introduced to golf at age 3 by his grandfather, a Japanese WWII veteran from whom Rickie gets his middle name. Fowler also has Native American heritage from his maternal grandmother.
- Raced dirt bikes until a foot injury at age 15; both of his parents have racing backgrounds, with his father winning a division of the 1986 Baja 1000.
- Became the first freshman to win the Ben Hogan Award as college golf's top player.
- Compiled a 7-1 record in two Walker Cup wins for the U.S.
- Named a captain's pick for the Ryder Cup at age 21.
- Placed in the top-5 in all four majors of 2014, adding a career-high three wins the following year at the Players Championship, Scottish Open and Deutsche Bank Championship.
- Represented the U.S. at the 2016 Olympics in Rio, but failed to medal.
- Known for his colorful, hip golf attire, often wearing orange for Oklahoma State, and a distinctive, matching cap.
- Created the Rickie Fowler Foundation in 2011; also made a hole-in-one (with a borrowed club, while wearing sneakers) worth $1 million for autism research at Ernie Els' charity outing in March 2016.
- Alexis Randock — Significant Other
- Lynne Fowler — Mother
- Taylor Fowler — Sister
- Rod Fowler — Father
- Attended Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Fear the Walking Dead Just Aired the Most Important Dwight and Morgan Episode Yet
- 2. Mindhunter : Is Bill's Son a Murderer in the Making?
- 3. Marcel, the Friends Monkey, Is Still A Bigger Star than Joey Tribbiani
- 4. How Michael Kelly Was Able to Finally Say Goodbye to House of Cards' Doug Stamper
- 5. Peter Fonda, Star of Easy Rider, Dead at 79
- 6. Here's What's Coming to Amazon in September
- 7. How To Watch the 2019 Emmy Nominated Shows Without A Cable Subscription