An arresting, gritty police series set in a Baltimore precinct, where detectives learn that being a cop can sometimes be murder. The Barry Levinson-Tom Fontana series stresses plot complexity and character development, not car chases or shoot-outs, and over its six-year run, was bolstered by numerous---and seamless---cast changes. Andre Braugher won an Emmy in 1998 for his portrayal of Det. Frank Pembleton. Based on the book `Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets,' by David Simon (`The Wire').
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Charlie Hunnam Books First TV Role Since Sons of Anarchy
- 2. Who Do You Think Will Win Season 14 of America's Got Talent?
- 3. Lin-Manuel Miranda's Kingkiller Chronicle No Longer Heading to Showtime
- 4. Christie Brinkley Replaced By Daughter on Dancing with the Stars Due to Injury
- 5. Game of Thrones Season 8 Emmy Wins So Far
- 6. Netflix's Daybreak Trailer Makes the Apocalypse Look Fun AF
- 7. Emmys 2019: How to Watch Live and Online