- Began acting as a child at the York Little Theatre in York, PA, and attended the Pennsylvania Governor's School for the Arts as a teen.
- Due to her height in sixth grade, was mistaken for a substitute teacher, and from that time on was drawn to playing strong females, including Lady Macbeth (Jane Comfort's Cliffs Notes: Macbeth in 1999) and Medea (Roger Kirby's Medea in Jerusalem in 2004) on stage, and the faerie Queen Mab (HBO's True Blood) on TV.
- Is a member of the Fire Dept. and the Big Dance Theater acting troupes.
- Won an Obie Award for her performance as Nazi-era German filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl in Jordan Harrison's Amazons and Their Men (2008).
- Lap Chi Chu — Husband
- Sally Wisocky — Mother
- Ron Wisocky — Father
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, Experimental Theatre Wing, New York, New York, United States