- Moved to New York to begin her modeling and acting career while also attending high school in 1984.
- Lived and modeled in Japan for a period in 1985.
- Relocated from New York to Los Angeles in 1986, when she was cast on the TV series My Sister Sam.
- Was murdered by an obsessed fan, spurring California lawmakers to enact legislation helping to protect the privacy of celebrities.
- Boyfriend Brad Silberling fictionalized his experience grieving for Schaeffer with her parents for his 2002 film Moonlight Mile, which set similar events during the 1970s.
- Benson Schaeffer — Father
- Brad Silberling — Significant Other
- Danna Schaeffer — Mother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Living With Yourself Review: Come for Two Paul Rudds, Stay for Two Paul Rudds
- 2. Oscar-Nominated Actor Robert Forster Dies at 78
- 3. Aaron Paul Reveals the Story Behind El Camino's Sole 'Yeah, Bitch!'
- 4. All the Breaking Bad Easter Eggs and Cameos in Netflix's El Camino
- 5. Julie Plec Teases a 'Hilarious' Legacies Christmas Episode
- 6. Why This Breaking Bad Fan-Favorite Returned for an Emotional Cameo in El Camino
- 7. What to Stream the Weekend of Oct. 11