- Moved to New York to begin her modeling and acting career while also attending high school in 1984.
- Lived and modeled in Japan for a period in 1985.
- Relocated from New York to Los Angeles in 1986, when she was cast on the TV series My Sister Sam.
- Was murdered by an obsessed fan, spurring California lawmakers to enact legislation helping to protect the privacy of celebrities.
- Boyfriend Brad Silberling fictionalized his experience grieving for Schaeffer with her parents for his 2002 film Moonlight Mile, which set similar events during the 1970s.
- Brad Silberling — Significant Other
- Danna Schaeffer — Mother
- Benson Schaeffer — Father
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Blacklist Got Unexpectedly Political With a Next-Level-Weird Male Pregnancy Plot
- 2. Batwoman's Meagan Tandy Talks Sophie's 'Conflicted' Feelings for Kate
- 3. That Hawaii Five-O and Magnum P.I. Crossover We Waited for Is Finally Happening
- 4. How to Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2019
- 5. The First Crisis on Infinite Earths Arrowverse Crossover Photos Are Here
- 6. Disney Plus Promises to Fix the The Simpsons Cropping Issue
- 7. A Million Little Things' Romany Malco Hopes Rome Eases Stigmas About Men with Depression