- Began acting as a child but decided it wasn't for her after working on just three projects. Her hiatus lasted just over 10 years.
- Comes from an artistic family; her parents and all her siblings are involved in the creative arts in some fashion, including opera and writing.
- Dropped out of Cambridge University after two years to pursue acting.
- Has appeared in a number of theater productions directed by her father, founder of the Royal Shakespeare Company, including Twelfth Night and As You Like It.
- Is part of Sam Mendes' The Bridge Project, which brings together British and American stage actors for performances.
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2009, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- 2009, BAFTA Film Awards — Rising Star Award: Nominee
- 2011, Independent Spirit Awards — Robert Altman Award: Winner
- Edward Hall — Half Brother
- Lucy Hall — Half Sister
- Freddie Stevenson — Ex-significant Other
- Jennifer Caron Hall — Half Sister
- Nicola Frei — Stepmother
- Morgan Spector — Husband
- Christopher Hall — Half Brother
- Peter Hall — Father
- Sam Mendes — Ex-significant Other
- María Ewing — Mother
- Attended University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Why Women Kill Renewed for Season 2 on CBS All Access
- 2. A Car Spotted on the Stranger Things 4 Set Might Confirm a Huge Fan Theory
- 3. Here's What's Coming to Amazon in November
- 4. NBC Pulls Sunnyside and Moves Up Will & Grace Season 11 Premiere Date
- 5. Arrow's Stephen Amell Reacts to Tommy Merlyn's Shocking Reveal in Season 8 Premiere
- 6. It Turns Out, The Flash's Grant Gustin Is a Total Heroes Fanboy
- 7. Justice for John Leguizamo's House of Buggin', the '90s Latinx Comedy Ahead of Its Time