- Became involved with a drug dealer at age 8 after his parents split up.
- Is a born-again Christian.
- Sued by a then-pregnant woman for his involvement in a hit-and-run accident, the impact of which allegedly resulted in a stillbirth, though no charges were filed against Jackson in that case. (He pleaded guilty to the hit-and-run and evading police.)
- Has signed on to be the first to coach a second season of the Ultimate Fighter reality-competition series.
- Elijah Jackson — Son
- Yuki Jackson — Wife
- Raja Jackson — Son
- Naname Jackson — Daughter
- D'Angelo Jackson — Son