- Her mother works for British Airways and her father is an independent financial adviser.
- At the age of three she started taking ballet lessons, as well as tap at the age of five.
- Played the lead in Bombay Dreams, Bollywood-themed musical produced by Andrew Lloyd Webber.
- Left the soap EastEnders in 2010 to focus on her singing career.
- When her first single "Shimmy" did not do well in the charts, her record company Universal Records dropped her.
- She has since signed with a label called All Around The World.
- 2016, Olivier Awards — Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Musical: Nominee