- Named ACC Athlete of the Year in 2004.
- Drafted No. 4 by the New York Giants, but traded to the San Diego Chargers for Eli Manning in 2004 on draft day.
- The QBs became friendly, text-messaging each other over time in what Manning told the New York Times is "a fraternity of quarterbacks."
- Found, upon going to play football in San Diego, that he likes what he calls the laid-back pace of the West Coast.
- After becoming San Diego's starting quarterback in 2006, led the Chargers to four straight AFC West titles.
- Played in the 2007 AFC Championship game six days after tearing his ACL.
- Along with his wife, started Rivers of Hope, a program to help children find permanent homes. He was inspired to do so after taking part in a photo shoot for an adoption agency.
- Grace — Daughter
- Sarah Kate — Daughter
- Steve Rivers — Father
- Halle — Daughter
- Philip, Jr. — Son
- Tiffany Rivers — Wife
- Stephen Rivers — Brother
- Joan — Mother
- Caroline — Daughter
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, United States (BS in Business, 2004)
- 1. Netflix Is Now Murder Central, Adds Ted Bundy Docuseries to Already Stacked True Crime Roster
- 2. Riverdale Sneak Peek: Jughead and His Mom Finally Reunite!
- 3. Sophia Bush Finally Explains Why She Left Chicago P.D.
- 4. Snowflakes Cause a Little Tension in Last Man Standing's Christmas Episode
- 5. The Innocent Man is Netflix's Latest Reminder of Our Failed Justice System
- 6. Criminal Minds Sneak Peek: This Week's Unsub Has a Big Connection to an Old Case
- 7. A Series Based on the Life of Selena Is Finally Coming to Netflix