- Born in Ghana as a member of the Ashanti tribe, but raised in England.
- Worked as an engineer before turning to acting full-time.
- Made his big-screen debut in the 2000 supernatural thriller Bless the Child.
- Subsequently appeared in a number of big-budget action and sci-fi films, including Tears of the Sun (2003), 300 (2007) and Avatar (2009).
- Went through a three-week boot camp to prepare for his role as a gladiator trainer on the Starz historical drama Spartacus: Blood and Sand.
- Has practiced martial arts since the age of 6.
- 1. How to Watch All the New Year's Day College Football Bowl Games
- 2. 2018-2019 TV Scorecard: Which Shows Are Canceled? Which Are Renewed?
- 3. Elementary To End After Season 7
- 4. Making a Murderer Filmmakers Sued By Manitowoc Police Sergeant
- 5. SMILF's Frankie Shaw Under Investigation for Mishandled Sex Scenes, Discriminatory Behavior
- 6. How to Watch Elf This Holiday Season
- 7. Meredith Will Find Love with Either DeLuca or Link on Grey's Anatomy