Troubled young adults became hippie undercover cops in this popular drama. The trio comprised a monied longhair from Beverly Hills, an Afroed son of Watts and the comely daughter of a San Francisco hooker, who were recruited by a police captain for the covert unit. Series creator Bud Ruskin, a former LAPD cop, based the show on his experiences working with a special youth squad in the 1950s. The cast reunited for a TV-movie in 1979; 20 years later, a big-screen remake flopped.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Emmys 2019: Who Won? The Complete Winners List
- 2. Emmys 2019: How to Watch Live and Online
- 3. Emergence Review: There's No Hurry to Solve the Mystery, and That's a Problem
- 4. mixed-ish Review: The black-ish Spin-off Gets Being Mixed Race Right
- 5. There's a Light at the End of the Tunnel for Jo on Grey's Anatomy
- 7. Alfred Tries to Dump Sandra In this Pennyworth Sneak Peek