- Was the son of a baron.
- Worked as a designer and translator at a publishing company while studying acting at night.
- Was discovered by Max Reinhardt's managing director during an acting-school performance.
- Had strong anti-Nazi sentiments, but portrayed a Nazi officer in Mad Men of Europe (1939) and a Gestapo agent in Night Train (1940).
- Became an American citizen in the 1940s.
- Was blacklisted in the 1950s, so he transitioned from acting to directing.
- Penned Ladies' Man: An Autobiography in 1984.
- Has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Died one week before the 50th-anniversary rerelease of Casablanca (1942), the film in which he portrayed resistance leader Victor Laszlo.
- Baron Carl Alphonsbanker von Hernreid — Father
- Elizabeth "Lisl" Gluck — Wife
- Mimi Duncan — Daughter
- Monika Henreid — Daughter
- Maria-Luise von Hernreid — Mother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Originals' Leah Pipes Is Headed to Another Witchy CW Series, and It's Not Legacies
- 2. Sizzy Will Heat Up in Shadowhunters' Final Season
- 3. Jane the Virgin Creator Is Bringing Jaime Camil to Her New Comedy
- 4. Which Umbrella Academy Character Are You Most Like?
- 5. 7 Questions The Umbrella Academy on Netflix Needs to Answer in Season 2
- 6. The 12 Biggest Differences Between Netflix's Umbrella Academy and the Comic Books
- 7. Wynonna Earp Fans Rally to Save the Show After Troublesome Season 4 Delay