- Both his parents played second-division basketball in Spain.
- Maintenance staff at his school had to build a special desk for him because he was too tall.
- Planned to become a doctor, but dropped out of med school after a year to pursue basketball.
- Drafted third by the Atlanta Hawks in 2001, but was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies, where he played for seven years before being traded to the L.A. Lakers in 2008.
- Won the NBA Rookie of the Year award in 2002.
- Has won two NBA Championships (2009, 2010) and three Olympic medals with Spain (silvers in 2008 and 2012; bronze in 2016).
- Has worn the same jersey number (#16) for both Memphis and L.A.
- Joined the Hoops for St. Jude charity program in 2009. The charity benefits the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Speaks English, Catalan and Spanish fluently, and is nearly fluent in Italian and French.
- Marisa Gasol — Mother
- Agusti Gasol — Father
- Marc Gasol — Brother
- Adria Gasol — Brother
- Attended University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
- 1. 166 Gift Ideas Inspired by Sansa, Sabrina and More of Your TV Faves
- 2. Amy Poehler and Her 'Leslie Blazers' Are Ready for a Parks & Recreation Reunion
- 3. Netflix Is Now Murder Central, Adds Ted Bundy Docuseries to Already Stacked True Crime Roster
- 4. Riverdale Sneak Peek: Jughead and His Mom Finally Reunite!
- 5. Sophia Bush Finally Explains Why She Left Chicago P.D.
- 6. Snowflakes Cause a Little Tension in Last Man Standing's Christmas Episode
- 7. The Innocent Man Is Netflix's Latest Reminder of Our Failed Justice System