- Was a basketball player for the Far Eastern University Tamaraws before becoming an actor in the 1960s.
- Won the FAMAS Best Supporting Actor award for Ang Mananandata (1965).
- Was a beneficiary of the Mowelfund (Movie Workers Welfare Foundation) that provides for the welfare of Filipino movie workers.
- Was fondly called Kits in show business.
- Was known for his role as a villain in movies opposite late Filipino action king Fernando Poe Jr., who was also his close friend.
- Maria Cristina — Daughter
- Romy Diaz — Brother
- Joko Diaz — Son
- Cheska Diaz — Daughter
- Nena Gutierrez Diaz — Wife
- Joanna Diaz-Gallent — Daughter
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Oscars 2019: What Time Are the Oscars and How to Watch Online
- 2. The Blacklist: More Truths About (the Real) Reddington Are Revealed
- 3. Outlander Boss Addresses Jamie and Claire's Sex Drought
- 4. Tracee Ellis Ross on How Black-ish Enlisted Octavia Spencer to School Us for Black History Month
- 5. The Originals' Leah Pipes Is Headed to Another Witchy CW Series, and It's Not Legacies
- 6. Sizzy Will Heat Up in Shadowhunters' Final Season
- 7. Jane the Virgin Creator Is Bringing Jaime Camil to Her New Comedy