- Wanted to become a doctor, but her family's financial condition allowed her to take up only Communication Arts in college.
- Started her career as a film production assistant in 1986.
- Aimed to become a line producer, but a chance to rewrite a part of the script for a Pepe Marcos production changed her career path.
- Made her debut as a screenwriter with the movie Ipagpatawad Mo (1991).
- Made her debut as a director with ABS-CBN's drama anthology Maalaala Mo Kaya, which aired in 1991.
- Miriam College, Quezon, Philippines