- Often called "The Father of Japanese Horror" because of his early-'90s straight-to-video series Scary True Stories, which influenced the creators of Ringu (1998) and Ju-on: The Grudge (2003).
- First theatrically released film was the fourth entry in the popular Ringu series, Ringu 0: Bâsudei (Birthday) (2000).
- First English-language project was "Dream Cruise," a second-season episode of the Showtime anthology series Masters of Horror.
- Wako University, Tokyo, Japan (BA in Economics)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. GLOW Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at Netflix
- 2. Who Will Win Big Brother 21 – and Who Should Win?
- 3. Emmys 2019: How to Watch, Who's Nominated, And Everything Else to Know
- 4. The Crown Season 3 Teaser Introduces Olivia Colman's Queen
- 5. The Week in Superlatives: Best Firsts, Most Vicious Memes, and the Gratuitous Abs Display
- 6. Prodigal Son Review: Tom Payne and Michael Sheen Ham Up This Serial Killer Thriller
- 7. Simone Missick on Why Her All Rise Role Is a Political Statement