- Is of Scottish-Italian heritage.
- Got into ventriloquism after a friend gave her a how-to kit.
- Inherited her "Granny" puppet from actor-ventriloquist Ken Campbell upon his death.
- Spent 2000 and '01 with the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- She and her dummy Monk the monkey portrayed a TV weather duo in the 2006 comedy For Your Consideration.
- An airline once lost Monk temporarily so she decided to have replicas of it made.
- Wrote and directed the 2012 documentary Her Master's Voice, which pays homage to her late mentor and lover, Ken Campbell (1941-2008), by taking his puppets to "Vent Haven," an imagined final home for the dummies of dead ventriloquists.
- Once took a day course in Mongolian throat-singing.
- Kara Wilson — Mother
- Arthur Stanley — Son
- Andrew Stanley — Husband
- Drummond Stanley — Son
- Ken Campbell — Ex-significant Other
- Tom Conti — Father
- University of East Anglia, Norwich, England (BA in Philosophy)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. 10 Spooky Shows to Stream for Halloween Screams
- 2. Castle Rock Season 2 Boss on Crafting the Origin Story for Misery's Annie Wilkes
- 3. Holiday Gift Ideas for Fans of Star Wars, Marvel, Game of Thrones, and More
- 4. Curtis Returns in New Arrow Season 8 Photos
- 5. Evil Sam Winchester: A Supernatural Retrospective
- 6. How to Watch Hocus Pocus This Halloween Season
- 7. Here's Your Essential Star Wars Holiday Gift Guide