- Ancestry is African American and Cherokee Indian.
- Won a best-actress award in a statewide Maryland high-school competition.
- Got her break starring in the Showtime series Soul Food (2000-04).
- Starred in 2004 with her husband, Boris Kodjoe (whom she met while working on Soul Food), in the UPN sitcom Second Time Around.
- Had singing parts in Soul Food and in a guest appearance on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
- Is a published poet.
- Because their daughter Sophie has spina bifida, she and Kodjoe founded Sophie's Voice Foundation to provide information and support to others dealing with the condition.
- 1997, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- Susan Parker — Mother
- Nicolas Neruda Kodjoe — Son
- Boris Kodjoe — Husband
- Donald Parker — Father
- Joseph Falasca — Ex-husband
- Sophie Tei-Naaki Lee Kodjoe — Daughter
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts, New York, New York, United States (1993)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. AEW's Brandi Rhodes Wants More Black Women Executives in Wrestling
- 2. Here Are Netflix's Most Popular Original Series and Films
- 3. Freddie Prinze Jr. to Star Opposite Soleil Moon Frye in Punky Brewster Revival
- 4. Sophia Bush Joins Love, Simon Sequel Series at Disney Plus
- 5. Castle Rock Season 2 Review: Lizzy Caplan Is Killer as Misery's Annie Wilkes
- 6. Adventure Time Will Return With Four New Specials on HBO Max
- 7. Grey's Anatomy's Jesse Williams Is Headed to Power