- Appeared in commercials as a child; played Gilda Radner's son in a British Columbia Hydroelectric ad at age 10.
- In the eighth grade, wrote an essay about Saturday Night Live producer Lorne Michaels.
- Joined the Second City comedy troupe right after high school.
- Named and modeled his Saturday Night Live "Coffee Talk" character Linda Richman after his then mother-in-law.
- Was inspired to create Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery after hearing Burt Bacharach's "The Look of Love" on the radio. Wrote the script in three weeks.
- Originally voiced Shrek with a Canadian accent before trying a Scottish brogue that "just felt right."
- Awarded a star on the Canadian Walk of Fame; and has a street named after him (Mike Myers Drive) in Scarborough, Ontario.
- 1990, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 2018, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1989, Emmy — Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program: Winner
- 1994, Emmy — Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 2009, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Winner
- Paulina Kathleen Myers — Daughter
- Alice Myers — Mother
- Eric Myers — Father
- Peter Myers — Brother
- Robin Ruzan — Ex-wife
- Spike Myers — Son
- Kelly Tisdale — Wife
- Sunday Molly Myers — Daughter
- Paul Myers — Brother
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Say It Isn't So: Supernatural Will End After Season 15
- 2. HBO Is Bringing Back Perry Mason, and This Time He F*cks
- 3. We Need to Talk About That OA: Part II Ending
- 4. The Conners Is Coming Back for Season 2
- 5. Everything I Learned About Sex, I Learned From Black '90s Sitcoms
- 6. The Sex in Now Apocalypse Is Concerned with Liberation, Not Labels
- 7. Stranger Things Is a Stealth Blueprint for Successfully Navigating Puberty