- Nicknamed "Big Wiesy" by golfer Tom Lehman for her long, fluid swing's resemblance to that of "Big Easy" Ernie Els.
- Signed contracts with Nike, Sony and Omega reportedly worth $10 million shortly after turning professional at the age of 16.
- Disqualified from her first tournament as a professional for an illegal ball drop.
- Chose to attend Stanford University, following in the footsteps of idol Tiger Woods.
- Was a member of the 2009 Solheim Cup U.S. team, which defeated their European opponents.
- Is an art enthusiast and paints and draws in her spare time.
- Bo Wie — Mother
- BJ Wie — Father
- Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States (2012)