Unable to load clip
The selected clip is currently unabled to be loaded.
A film about the cultural evolution of the Sydney beach side suburb of Maroubra and the social struggle faced by it’s youth the notorious surf gang known as the Bra Boys. The first officially sanctioned documentary about Maroubra’s notorious surf-gang, the Bra Boys featuring Koby Abberton and his brothers Sunny, Jai and Dakota. Showing their success in professional big wave surfing, exploring their reputation for hard partying and rough justice, touching on their running battle with authorities and showing their reliance on one another to fit into and survive in a society in which they are displaced. The film also focuses on the evolution of the Sydney beach side suburb of Maroubra and the historical stigma associated with Australia’s rebellious surf community, and the way it has contributed to their social displacement. Movie directed by Sunny Abberton and Macario De Souza, and narrated by Russell Crowe. This is not an ordinary surf flick with bunch of beautiful barels, tropical islands and sunny beaches. The film also exposes the story of the Abberton brothers. Their mother was a heroin addict and surfing became their escape from drugs, poverty and violence. Two years ago, Abbertons became entangled in a court case resulting from the death of a notorious Sydney underworld figure Anthony Hines. Older brother, Jai Abberton was acquitted of the murder earlier this year even though he admitted shooting Hines.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Bachelorette's Luke Somehow Dug His Grave Even Deeper During the Men Tell All
- 2. Here's Your First Look at Looking for Alaska's Culver Creek Prep
- 3. The Boys Review: Eric Kripke's New Superhero Show Is Much More Than Its Edgelord Premise
- 4. Lifetime Is Doing a Movie on the College Admissions Scandal, Obviously
- 5. Janelle Monae to Replace Julia Roberts in Homecoming Season 2
- 6. Big Brother 21 Brought Bullying Issues to the Surface. Now What?
- 7. Tiffany Haddish Puts Six Comedians in the Spotlight in Netflix Special They Ready