- Began his showbiz career singing as a boy soprano.
- Has performed on radio, television, stage and in feature films.
- Made his Broadway debut in 1967 in Black Comedy opposite Lynn Redgrave.
- Used to help his then-wife with her upholstery business by stuffing cushions.
- Best known to U.S. audiences for originating the title role in Phantom of the Opera.
- Auditioned for Gene Kelly for the film Hello Dolly; Kelly described the part of Cornelius Hackl as an attractive idiot, which he thought suited Crawford perfectly.
- In 1990, sanctioned the Michael Crawford Fan Association to support children's charities.
- Moved to New Zealand after being diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- 1998, Emmy — Outstanding Performance in a Variety or Music Program: Nominee
- 1988, Tony — Actor (Musical): Winner
- 1966, BAFTA Film Awards — Most Promising Newcomer to Leading Film Roles: Nominee
- Doris Agnes Mary Pike — Mother
- Emma Crawford — Daughter
- Lucy Crawford — Daughter
- Gabrielle Lewis — Ex-wife
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Chicken Nuggets Caused a Lot of Beef on The Bachelorette
- 2. Game of Thrones Series Finale Photo Recap: Is This Really How We're Picking Kings Now?
- 3. Hot Robin Arryn Totally Neville Longbottomed Us in the Game of Thrones Finale
- 4. Alabama Won't Air Arthur's Gay Wedding Episode
- 5. Legends of Tomorrow Boss on That Zari Twist and What It Means for Season 5
- 6. The 13 Weirdest Things Isaac Hempstead Wright Wrote in His Game of Thrones Essay
- 7. The 100 Sneak Peek Hints at Bad News for Our Heroes