- Parents are both Trinidadian.
- Was born in London; her family moved to Trinidad for five years during her childhood before settling in Toronto.
- Her parents wanted her to pursue a career in medicine.
- Studied acting at the Playhouse Acting School in Vancouver, Canada.
- Formed her own production company, Sugar 'n Spice, with director Maxine Bailey and actor Sharon Lewis in the early '90s.
- Larry Johnson — Husband
- Lennox — Father
- Carol — Mother
- Elijah — Son
- University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger