- From 1966 to 1976, worked and studied acting and directing in New York, under the guidance of Stella Adler and Lee Strsberg.
- Returned to the Philippines in 1976 and started work as a production designer.
- Wrote the script for the movie Ina, Kapatid, Anak (1979).
- Made his directorial debut with the movie Playgirl (1981).
- In 2012, was appointed as a member of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board's Appeals Committee at the Office of the President.
- Headed the Monitoring Committee for Cinemalaya Independent Film Festival in 2013.
- Ateneo de Manila University, Quezon, Philippines; New York Academy of Theatrical Arts, New York City, New York, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger