- Studied industrial pharmacy in college.
- Worked as an entertainment writer for Midday magazine before entering show business.
- After taking his filmmaking lessons, assisted directors like Mel Chionglo, Joey Reyes, and Chito Roño.
- Also assisted Ricky Lee with his scriptwriting workshops.
- Made his directorial debut in 1991. He directed an episode of the television show Maalaala Mo Kaya, made possible because of Nora Aunor's, the female lead in the show, insistence on being directed by him.
- His very first TV commercial - Goodbye, Carlo - for Pure Foods Hotdog won an Ad of the Year award.
- Made his movie debut with Campus Girls (1995).
- Was appointed the head of TV5 talent center and the director of the reality talent search Artista Academy in 2012.
- Via Alejandre — Daughter
- University of the Philippines, Quezon, Philippines; Mowelfund Film Institute, Quezon, Philippines
- 1. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 2. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name
- 3. Where All the People from Netflix's The Innocent Man Are Now
- 4. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 5. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 6. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 7. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed