- While attending the Sundance Film Festival, once shared a house with an unknown Quentin Tarantino, who was working on the screenplay for Reservoir Dogs (1992).
- Was in a revival of René-Daniel Dubois' Being at Home With Claude in London's West End, which was seen by film director Bruce Beresford, who cast him in Black Robe (1991), a part that earned him a nomination for Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role at the Australian Film Institute Awards in 1992.
- Won Best Actor at the Gijón International Film Festival in Spain for Bent (1997).
- Is fluent in French and English.
- 1992, Australian Film Institute Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- 1990, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Winner
- 1995, Genie Awards — Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role: Nominee
- Attended the Conservatory of Music and Dramatic Arts, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Angel Co-Creator Joss Whedon Defends the Show's Divisive Ending
- 2. The Trailer for The Terror: Infamy Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- 3. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Comprehensive Guide
- 4. Meet Your Host for American Love Island, Comedian Arielle Vandenberg
- 5. Maya Rudolph Deserves an Emmy Nomination for Giving Us Life… After Death in Forever
- 6. Give Hank Azaria's Foul F—ing Mouth on Brockmire an Emmy Nomination
- 7. Riverdale's Season 4 Premiere Will 'Honor' Luke Perry