A former model turned small-screen soap vixen, Rinna landed her seminal role as a cosmetics diva on Days of Our Lives in 1993. By the mid-'90s, she made the move to prime time on the campy drama Melrose Place, playing a conniving restaurateur. During her tenure, she met and married actor Harry Hamlin, and the couple subsequently collaborated on numerous projects, including TV movies such as Sex, Lies and Obsessions and on the series Veronica Mars. In addition to her acting career, Rinna has continued modeling (posing for Playboy twice) and added hosting, dancing and retail to her résumé. As a sassy small-screen personality, she cohosted SoapNet's Soap Talk, as well as the hair-raising reality competition Tease and the home-improvement series Merge. She also opened the trendy, high-end boutique belle grey, named in honor of her two children. But in 2006, Rinna really boosted her profile — and buffed up her bod — as one of the celebrity competitors on the second edition of Dancing with the Stars. Although she didn't win, she cut a winning figure on the dance floor, and her slick moves helped her and hubby Hamlin (a Season 3 DWTS vet) snag leads in the Broadway smash Chicago in 2007. That same year, she made her debut as a host and red-carpet commentator for TV Guide Network. In 2010, Rinna and Hamlin collaborated yet again, starring in the reality show Harry Loves Lisa, a chronicle of the couple's everyday life.
- Won the Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Female Newcomer in 1994 for Days of Our Lives.
- Opened a designer-clothing boutique, belle gray, in 2003. Named after her daughters Delilah Belle and Amelia Gray.
- In 2004, won the Innovators of Fashion Award from the Laboratory Institute of Merchandizing; opened a second belle grey store the following year.
- Collaborations with husband Harry Hamlin include guest spots on Veronica Mars (2004-05) starring roles in Broadway's Chicago (2007) and a 2010 reality series chronicling their family life (Harry Loves Lisa).
- Frank Rinna — Father
- Amelia Gray Hamlin — Daughter
- Harry Hamlin — Husband
- Lois Rinna — Mother
- Delilah Belle Hamlin — Daughter
- Nancy Rinna — Sister
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Elizabeth Warren and AOC's Recap of the Game of Thrones Finale Is Better Than the Actual Finale
- 2. Quavo Brings His Signature Migos Adlibs to the black-ish Finale In This Sneak Peek
- 3. Here's When The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Arrives on Netflix
- 4. Everything We Know About the Game of Thrones Prequel So Far
- 5. George R.R. Martin Teases Whether He's Keeping Game of Thrones' Ending for the Books
- 6. Black Mirror Season 5 Episode Trailers and Storylines Finally Revealed
- 7. Good Omens Review: Demonic David Tennant Saves the World (and the Show) From Disaster