- Was senior class president in high school.
- Taught acting at Canada College in Redwood City, CA.
- Made his feature-film debut as a security guard in Roadie (1980).
- Best-known for his role of Red Forman in That '70s Show.
- Holds an honorary position on the board for People Assisting the Homeless (PATH).
- George Smith — Father
- Joan Pirkle — Wife
- Laurel Smith — Daughter
- Cecilia Souza — Ex-wife
- Mabel Anette Larson Lund — Mother
- Shannon Smith — Son
- San Jose State College, San Jose, California, United States (BA, 1966); Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States (MFA, 1969)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Showtime's Couples Therapy Is TV's Smartest, Most Authentic Reality Series
- 2. The Week in Superlatives: Best Fan Service, Worst First, and the Deadliest Payback
- 3. Amazon's Modern Love Isn't the Rom-Com You Think It Is
- 4. Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week: Living with Yourself, The Laundromat
- 5. Well, That Evil Episode Was Truly Horrifying
- 6. Atypical Promises Even Less Normalcy in Season 3
- 7. Kevin Tran Deserved Better in His Supernatural Return