- At 18, made solo debut at the Grand Ole Opry.
- Dropped out of UCLA to tour with the USO.
- Sang backup for Bobby Womack.
- In 1986, played good girl Chelsea Reardon on Guiding Light.
- Won the role of vixen Blair Cramer on One Life to Live in 1993; met future husband, James DePaiva, on the set of the soap opera.
- Was nominated in 2005 for a Daytime Emmy Award as Outstanding Lead Actress for One Life to Live.
- In 2007, she began cohosting the PBS craft show Knit & Crochet Today.
- Formed the Divas of Daytime TV country trio with fellow soap stars Bobbie Eakes and Kathy Brier in 2009.
- Her son, James, who was born deaf, inspired her to become active in a number of charities supporting the deaf, including the League for the Hard of Hearing; the Deafness Research Foundation; and the Clark School for the Deaf.
- Hildegard Wesley — Mother
- John Wesley — Brother
- James DePaiva — Husband
- Richard Hankins — Ex-husband
- J. Quentin Wesley — Father
- James Quentin DePaiva — Son
- Dreama DePaiva — Stepdaughter
- Jeff Wesley — Brother
- Sara Wesley — Sister
- Attended Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, United States; attended University of California, Los Angeles, California, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Oscars 2019: When Are the Oscars and How to Watch Online
- 2. Will Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Phil Coulson Appear in Avengers: Endgame?
- 3. The Blacklist: More Truths About (the Real) Reddington Are Revealed
- 4. Outlander Boss Addresses Jamie and Claire's Sex Drought
- 5. Tracee Ellis Ross on How Black-ish Enlisted Octavia Spencer to School Us for Black History Month
- 6. The Originals' Leah Pipes Is Headed to Another Witchy CW Series, and It's Not Legacies
- 7. Sizzy Will Heat Up in Shadowhunters' Final Season