- While in college, worked at CBS Morning News, answering phones and sending faxes.
- Began her broadcasting career at ABC News, where she served as a producer for the late-night show Nightline.
- Relocated to Dayton, OH, to work as a news anchor for WDTN-TV, from 1995 to '97.
- Career breakthrough came in 1999, when she was offered the anchor position for two CBS early-morning programs, CBS Morning News and The Early Show.
- Landed the position as host of the CBS reality series Big Brother in July of 2000.
- Speaks fluent Mandarin.
- Charlie Moonves — Son
- Vicki Chen — Sister
- Les Moonves — Husband
- Gladys Chen — Sister
- Michael Moonves — Stepson
- Adam Moonves — Stepson
- Sara Moonves — Stepdaughter
- Wan Ling Chen — Mother
- David Y. Chen — Father
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States (Broadcast Journalism and English, 1991)