- Began composing music at age 6.
- Wrote and published a novel before becoming a filmmaker.
- A lover of jazz music, he sometimes worked under pseudonyms taken from jazz musicians, like Clifford Brown and James P. Johnson.
- Often wrote his own scripts and worked as his own cameraman.
- Was named in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most prolific director in the world.
- Had his own production company, Manacoa Films.
- Lina Romay — Wife (deceased)
- Attended Instituto de Investigaciones y Experiencias Cinematográficas, Madrid, Spain; attended Sorbonne University, Paris, France
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. All Charges Against Jussie Smollett Have Been Dropped
- 2. 9-1-1's Kenneth Choi Says Chimney Has a '50/50' Chance of Surviving Getting Stabbed
- 3. This 78-Year-Old Stuntwoman Has Defied Expectations (and Death) Her Whole Career
- 4. Skyler White Deserved So Much Better From Breaking Bad Fans
- 5. Connie, the Unsung Hero of Steven Universe, Was a Warrior From the Start
- 6. Sarah Carter on Playing The Flash's First Female Big Bad: 'It's Great to Step Into That Dark Feminine Energy'
- 7. The First Twilight Zone Episode Teasers Are Seriously Eerie