Farcical tales of Allied POWs in World War II at the expense of their bumbling German captors. Bob Crane, in his signature role, made mental mincemeat of his enemies. And while the topic of Nazis as humor might seem odd (though it worked for Ernst Lubitsch in 1942's `To Be or Not to Be' and, more recently, for Mel Brooks in `The Producers'), the series was highly popular and garnered Werner Klemperer, himself a refugee from Nazi Germany, two Emmys for his role as inept camp commander Klink.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Farewell to Shadowhunters: Alisha Wainwright Teases Final Scene with Alberto Rosende
- 2. Everything We Know About Castle Rock Season 2
- 3. Homeland's Final Season Adds Claire Danes' Husband Hugh Dancy
- 4. Noah Centineo Crushes Hard on Camila Mendes in Netflix's The Perfect Date Trailer
- 5. All Charges Against Jussie Smollett Have Been Dropped
- 6. 9-1-1's Kenneth Choi Says Chimney Has a '50/50' Chance of Surviving Getting Stabbed
- 7. This 78-Year-Old Stuntwoman Has Defied Expectations (and Death) Her Whole Career