In the late '90s, Westfeldt was just another working no-name actress, alternately playing dizzy or neurotic blondes on TV series like Two Guys and a Girl (back when Pizza Place was part of the sitcom's title) and Judging Amy. In order to take control of her career trajectory, she began honing her own material, including Lipschtick, a series of sketches she wrote and performed with fellow starlet Heather Juergensen. Together they wrote, produced and starred in the delightful indie comedy Kissing Jessica Stein, playing a pair of romantically challenged urban heterosexuals who decide to give lesbianism a try. The flick was an art-house hit, racking up numerous film-festival awards and showcasing Westfeldt's quirkily endearing personality. In 2004, the multitalented actress made her Broadway debut in a revival of Wonderful Town, which highlighted her solid singing and dancing chops and earned her a Tony nomination. After starring in another indie comedy that she wrote and produced, Ira & Abby, in 2006, she continued to make small-screen appearances on such series as Notes from the Underbelly, Grey's Anatomy and 24.
- Sang with the a cappella group Redhot & Blue while attending Yale University.
- Cowrote and coproduced the 2001 indie hit Kissing Jessica Stein with costar Heather Juergensen.
- Was nominated for an IFP Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay in 2003 for Kissing Jessica Stein.
- Wrote and starred in the 2006 romantic comedy Ira & Abby.
- Had a recurring role in the final season of 24.
- 2004, Tony — Actress (Featured Role--Musical): Nominee
- 2003, Independent Spirit Awards — Best First Screenplay: Nominee
- Jon Hamm — Ex-significant Other
- Connie Meyers Perelson — Mother
- Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Sex and the City's Sarah Jessica Parker Teases Carrie Bradshaw Return
- 2. Jeremiah Will Return and Evolve Again on Gotham
- 3. Red in Prison Is the Blacklist Storyline We Didn't Know We Needed
- 4. The Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 Cast Reveals Their Biggest Live-Feed Fears
- 5. Star Trek: Discovery Will Explore Number One's Relationship with Captain Pike
- 6. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is Stronger and More Fun
- 7. Dynasties Is a Powerful and Necessary New Species of Nature Documentary