- Although she grew up in a showbiz family, her famous father forbade her from acting until she was 18.
- First professional job was a Dr Pepper commercial.
- Film debut was in 1984's Reckless.
- Big break came when she snagged the role of Frances "Baby" Houseman in 1987's Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze; she'd appeared earlier with Swayze in Red Dawn.
- Underwent a botched rhinoplasty procedure in the early 1990s that required additional surgery; the result left her virtually unrecognizable even to close friends.
- Costarred in the late '90s television series It's Like, You Know..., in which she played herself and poked fun at her celebrity status and plastic surgery.
- Appeared as a crazy love interest to real-life husband Clark Gregg in an episode of his series The New Adventures of Old Christine.
- Demonstrated she still had some dirty-dancing skills on Dancing With the Stars in 2010.
- 1988, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Mickey Katz — Grandfather
- Clark Gregg — Husband
- Matthew Broderick — Ex-fiancé
- Johnny Depp — Ex-fiancé
- Stella Gregg — Daughter
- Jo Wilder — Mother
- Joel Grey — Father
- James Grey — Brother
Let's Talk About Sex on TV, Baby
Sex Ed Week explores the ways TV is pushing boundaries forward – and the ways it still lets us down
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Elmo Ends the Lannister Family Feud in This Sesame Street and Game of Thrones Crossover
- 2. This Game of Thrones Star Still Hasn't Watched the Whole Show
- 3. The Gifted and Rel Canceled at Fox
- 4. The Magicians Finale Killed Off the One Person We Never Expected
- 5. The Bold Type Cast Wants a Crossover Episode with Good Trouble
- 6. The Perfectionists' Hayley Erin Reveals Just How Alike Taylor and Alison Are
- 7. The Perfectionists Leaned Heavily Into Its Pretty Little Liars Roots This Week