- Although she grew up in a showbiz family, her famous father forbade her from acting until she was 18.
- First professional job was a Dr Pepper commercial.
- Film debut was in 1984's Reckless.
- Big break came when she snagged the role of Frances "Baby" Houseman in 1987's Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze; she'd appeared earlier with Swayze in Red Dawn.
- Underwent a botched rhinoplasty procedure in the early 1990s that required additional surgery; the result left her virtually unrecognizable even to close friends.
- Costarred in the late '90s television series It's Like, You Know..., in which she played herself and poked fun at her celebrity status and plastic surgery.
- Appeared as a crazy love interest to real-life husband Clark Gregg in an episode of his series The New Adventures of Old Christine.
- Demonstrated she still had some dirty-dancing skills on Dancing With the Stars in 2010.
- 1988, Golden Globe — Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy: Nominee
- Mickey Katz — Grandfather
- Matthew Broderick — Ex-fiancé
- Johnny Depp — Ex-fiancé
- Clark Gregg — Husband
- Jo Wilder — Mother
- Joel Grey — Father
- James Grey — Brother
- Stella Gregg — Daughter
- 1. All the TV Marathons Airing on Christmas
- 2. There's a Queer as Folk Reboot in the Works at Bravo
- 3. Penny Marshall, Prolific Actress and Director, Dead at 75
- 4. George Takei Is Headed to AMC's The Terror
- 5. NBC Sets Premiere Dates for John Legend's Season of The Voice and Much More
- 6. Poll: Who Will Win The Voice Season 15?
- 7. Justice for Chris Parnell, the Best Supporting Chris