- Started dreaming of becoming a director after watching the movie Maynila: Sa Mga Kuko ng Liwanag (1975).
- Studied architecture at college for 4 years, but shifted to broadcast communications because he panicked that he would end up being a mediocre architect his entire life.
- Worked as a production assistant, script continuity writer, art director, production designer, and assistant director before he was able to debut as a director.
- Sana Pag Ibig Na (1998) was his first movie as a director.
- Fetch a Pail of Water (1999) won him a Gold Prize at the Houston Worldfest 2000 and a NETPAC Jury Award at the Cinemanila International Film Festival.
- University of the Philippines, Quezon, Philippines
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Showtime's Couples Therapy Is TV's Smartest, Most Authentic Reality Series
- 2. The Week in Superlatives: Best Fan Service, Worst First, and the Deadliest Payback
- 3. Amazon's Modern Love Isn't the Rom-Com You Think It Is
- 4. Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week: Living with Yourself, The Laundromat
- 5. Well, That Evil Episode Was Truly Horrifying
- 6. Atypical Promises Even Less Normalcy in Season 3
- 7. Kevin Tran Deserved Better in His Supernatural Return